HOSTESSES are responsible for the program as well as preparations for the meal.
She either presents a program herself (this is encouraged)....
or finds someone else to present a program...
or plans an outing to a public or private garden...
or plans some other garden related field trip
Note: If we do not meet at Will Rogers, the hostess chooses a place for the group to eat lunch, and makes the reservations if needed.
Be sure to inform the person who sends out the notices (Alice Woodrome at the present time) if you need a count.
Also note: Make sure that we have the room rented on the month you have. Some months are designated as field trip months, but if you decide to have it at Will Rogers, let the president know as soon as possible so she can check with the Will Rogers office to see if the room is available and arrange it.
If we are meeting at Will Rogers, the hostess is responsible for:
Note: You will be compensated by the treasurer for supplies you buy if you save the receipt and present it to her
- Beverage of your choice (e.g. water, tea, coffee).
- Plates, cups & napkins (you can use the glass plates & cups in kitchen if you choose)
- Any decorations you desire. (this is not required)
- Set up tables and chairs (four long tables, one facing the others so the speaker can face the group.)
- Before the meal, ask someone to say a prayer -- if you desire to have a prayer before the meal. Please ask them privately so as not to embarrass them.
- You are also responsible for cleaning up after the meeting! Our members always help put chairs and tables back and clean up the kitchen, but hostesses should stay until it is done.
11:30 - 12:00 - Set up
12:00 - 12:45 - Fellowship and lunch
12:45 - 1:30 - Presentation
1:30 - 2:00 - Business meeting
2:00 - 2:30 - Clean up
Please let the president know if you have any questions. THANKS!